Kakamega County Water and Sanitation Company is a Corporation established under the provisions of the Companies ACT (Cap 486), Laws of Kenya in the Republic of Kenya. It has its registered offices at Kakamega, P. O. Box 1189 – 50100 – Kakamega.
Its mandate includes to manage, operate and maintain water and sewerage services within Kakamega County as provided by WASREB (Water Services Regulatory Board) guidelines on service areas.
The Company hereby invites interested persons with passion, vision to service as member of the Board of Directors for a term of three years.
The Company is looking for seven (7) directors to represent the following groups of Stakeholders:
(1) Representation from the local manufacturing, Business and Agricultural sectors within Kakamega County.
(2) A representative from special interest groups i.e. Youth, person with disabilities within Kakamega County.
(3) Representation from women organizations within Kakamega County
(4) Representation from institutions (Schools, Colleges, research institutions or universities).
(5) Representation from Professional bodies
• Be literate of outstanding level to at least university degree level
• Demonstrate experience and acumen in his/her full of professional for at least 5 years
• Demonstrate participation in local development initiatives
• Have experience as change management agent
• Must be a resident within the area served by the Company
• Fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010
• Obtain recommendation from the Nominating body where applicable
• Suppliers or other trading associates of the Company and persons in the current professional or social relations with the management of the Company are NOT eligible to become directors of the Company.
Interested persons should submit their applications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) including certified copies of Academic testimonials, Professional certificates, National Identity card and letter of nomination by their Stakeholders group.
The applications should be submitted on or before 4.00 pm. on 25th January, 2019 in a plain and sealed envelope clearly marked
“Application for Directorship of KACWASCO” and deposited or sent through the following address:
Chairperson, Selection Panel,
C/O Managing Director,
Kakamega County Water and Sanitation Company Ltd.,
P. O. Box 1189 – 50100, KAKAMEGA.
Thank you for being interested to work at KACWASCO.
“Quality Water, Healthy Livelihood”